Sunday, December 11, 2011

Last Days in SG

Well my days in Singapore have been slowly dwindling down. Tomorrow at 6 am is when we take off for the US. Naturally, I have decided that a wake-up time at 3am means that I will be far better off just staying up until we leave, then sleeping all the way to Japan.

I've definitely had some interesting experiences these past few days, though. For one thing... it snowed! haha okay... man made-soapy stud-like snow, but whatever. They have this snow every night at one of the nearby malls... it was crazy! There were kids running around in bathing suits, and foamy people everywhere.

Later that night I headed out with Heather, Jim and Kevin to the clubs. We hit up this building, an area called St James, where there are several clubs that occupy their own rooms. If you go up to the second floor, you can see down into all the clubs on either side... it is so cool! It looks like clubs you only see in the movies and stuff! We danced until around 3 am.

Saturday I went to Sentosa! My brother was in a boat race, so we went out to watch a little, but I really just wanted to check the island out. I saw the huge Merlion and got to ride in the Cable Cars that stretch from the island back to the "main land"... which is actually also an Island, I guess. They have some crazy stuff over there that I didn't get to do... indoor skydiving, Segway tracks, wave pools, a beach, zip lining and more!

Today I went out to Fort Canning Park. I think I might have mentioned it before... it is this hill that has a lot of historical significance. The ancient kings used to live there, as well as Raffles (the "father of singapore"). There was also a Fort. I went into this thing called the "Battle Box," which is an old bunker underneath where the fort was. There is a reenactment area is set up to show what was happening when Japan attacked Singapore, all the way up to when Singapore surrendered.

Hopefully I will be able to get all of my stuff together and finish packing! I have a loooong trip ahead of me in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment