Thursday, July 22, 2010

More Days in Granada

Hey.
It is Thursday night (10:04) if you wanted to know.... I wish it was friday!

So I went to that Cathedral and the Capilla Real where the remains of Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand are. No pictures allowed, but I got one anyway. It is not exactly the perfect picture, though, since I had to be sneaky and people from my group kept getting the way. Plus, I hadn't actually charged my camera so the battery was pretty much running on empty. Oh well, at least my stalker picture-taking has paid off at last. (Kristin, this comment was for your benefit. Stalker pictures ARE worth practicing. *cough cough*)
ANYWAY, The cathedral is HUGE of course and was kind of cool to walk around in.it was actually totally different from the cathedral we visited in Sevilla. This one is all white and super spacious on the inside. All the lighting is like natural sunlight...none of that dark Gothic stuff.



After that, I had to go work on my group presentation power point. Immigration = Blah topic. Not really, I actually think we did pretty well. I put up a slide of all those racist jokes we all love (you know, the "How many Mexicans does it take to screw in a light bulb...." ones) as well as a similar slide of popular jokes about religion. Those were both a pretty big hit.
In other news, I bought TWO pairs of shoes today  XD
One pair is purple heels.... AWESOME, though slightly higher and narrower than I usually wear. Still love 'em though!
The other pair is just plain white flats but I liked them. I will NOT be wearing them around Granada though because my feet always get so dirty here!
As for food today:
Lunch.... Broccoli and potatoes
Dinner.... Soup (some kind of broth with noodles), egg with those hot dog-like (but better) things mixed in and a few potato chips. And Yogurt.

So this weekend I am going to Nerja for at least part of the day on Saturday... still unsure of any other weekend plans. I wanted to go White Water Rafting but that has been canceled. One girl is going back to Sevilla and I might go with her. We would see some more sights there and then hopefully travel around to some other smaller places. We both want to go to Huelva, which where Columbus sailed from! They have replicas of all three ships from his first voyage that you can go on.

Oh, and I can't believe I forgot to mention this..... most Europeans consider there to be 5 continents. I think it goes: Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania and the Americas (all lumped together). They either discount Antarctica or maybe they just lump it in somewhere else. Isn't that interesting? You would think of all things that we would agree on the number of continents.

No comments:

Post a Comment