Sunday, July 11, 2010

WORLD CUP!!!!

So I have SO much to tell you about my trip to Gibraltar but.....
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! SPAIN JUST WON THEIR FIRST WORLD CUP!!!!!!!!!

When they FiNaLlY scored a goal in overtime, or whatever that is for soccer, there were shouts from everywhere, horns blowing.... it was really cool. And when the game ended, they all went crazy. Actually, I can STILL here them going crazy through my window. Pretty much the entire city.... teens, adults, elderly, parents with their children of all ages.... came outside to celebrate. Suddenly, there were hundreds of cars going by all honking and waving their flags out the window. Everybody crowded around the walking bridge and was jumping into the river. There is also a HUGE statue/fountain of Isabel and Ferdinand a block or so away and apparently people were jumping in that (says the now wet house brother, Nacho). Conchi told me that every major city has a fountain like that or very similar where people go to celebrate.
There were even fireworks going off!... which is cool since Nacho told me they were illegal in Granada.
More on Gibraltar tomorrow.... I have class at 8 and it is 1:15am  :0

No comments:

Post a Comment