Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No queso por favor.

Hi again! I know, I know it has been a week since I posted but whatever :)

On Friday my computer decided to stop charging, or I guess what actually happened was that my chords decided they would stop charging the computer. And it died. PLUS, I went to Sevilla this weekend with my group and I wouldn´t have had internet there anyway.

So, Sevilla. It is HooooooooooooooT! It at least reached 48 Celcius which, if I remember correctly is around 114 US-wise. We went to this one place called Plaza de EspaƱa and they said that it was used to film a scene from one of the Star Wars movies!.... the guide had no idea which one, of course. So that was pretty cool. I also saw Christopher Columbus´tomb.
The first night, a group of us went to a sit-down Dominos. We ordered a four cheese pizza.... MISTAKE. Apparently they use some type of cheese not very common in the US and it was nasty! Literally, it tasted rotten. They brought us a different pizza though which was nice of them. That pizza tasted fine, thank goodness. We played Phase 10 in the hotel after that.


The next day, I set off by myself to a town called Caroma. They have the ruins of a Roman Necropolis and amphitheater there as well as some sort of old fort. It was pretty cool to see, though nerve racking to be all alone!
That night in Sevilla, we played more cards. And, we managed to watch Aladdin, Pocahontas and part of Toy Story 2 in Spanish. Awesome!

So.... that was the weekend.
Monday. Pretty much uneventful as far as I can remember. I did get to watch True Blood, though, which was awesome, as usual. And I finally got to Skype my mom and Aunt Stacy which was cool.
Tuesday. el mismo. I got to Skype my dad, though, who is in Korea for business. He doesn´t have a web cam with him, so it was more or less like a phone call.
I did get a universal charger for my computer, except it doesn´t actually charge. It gives just enough power to turn it on.Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.
Today. Well, I gave my presentation today about why the US should have an official language. Super fun. I am going to this HUGE Cathedral later as well as something called the Capilla Real. But after that, it is back to work because I have a group presentation tomorrow on Immigration.
And by the way it is 12 : 46 local time.... none of that 3 am stuff. My poor computer is all confused about what day and time it is here.  :)

Here are some pics from the hiking (or scenderismo, as we call it here) that I mentioned in my last post:

No comments:

Post a Comment