Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dangerous Duck Dash...a UCF Homecoming Tradition

SPIRIT SPLASH!!!!!!!
THIS is the line for Tshirts at SPIRIT SPLASH!.... these are seriously the most popular Tshirts the whole year! Yeah.... that line goes alllllll the way past that buidling. They give the shirts out at 12..... I got there at 10 :) I got a shirt!

BAM! Awesome shirts! The theme was UCF on the Big Screen....hence Jaws. And now.... the students all gather around the pond and wait. The school usually brings out the former Mister and Miss UCF as well as a former UCF person who is well know (like a Senator). Then our cheerleaders and dancers and band preform (as well as Knightro of course!)
This is the Pond. Usually there is water squirting up, but for Homecoming they turn it off and make a barrier painted by different groups based on the homecoming theme. Notice ALL THE STUDENTS! Let me just take the time to tell those of who who don't know.... there are OVER 40,000 students at UCF!

Yeah, There were allllll sorts of crazy things going on! haha

IN the water! My Camera is waterproof so I took it in! THAT is Knightro! He's hard to see, but he was crowd surfing in the pond. (He's a Knight).

And a crowd-surfing whale too! :)
Yes, it was verrrry croweded. One of the other highlights of Spirit Splash is themed rubber ducks that are thrown out into the crowd... sorry I don't have a picture of them this year, but they had cute little popcorn and drink containers to match with the movie theme! I caught one!.... which is harder than you would think! Imagine competing with huge, strong college boys (who all also happen to be taller than me). I think I have bruises, but it was TOTALLY worth it! (This is was the inspiration for my very creative blog title lol)


Soooo.... that's SPIRIT SPLASH! Awesome, right? I have more!.... A VIDEO! Check it out! It is short, but you will get the picture ;)

 

Well, that is UCF's favorite tradition! Hope you enjoyed it! 

1 comment:

  1. This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article.
    kingkong tshirts

    ReplyDelete