Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vows

It is 3am and I am still awake.... should be sleeping, though. Today I went to a college church group called kaleo. I was pretty good, nothing amazing. The pastor, Dan, had this strangely Amish-like beard.  His sermon was about the topics of the love between a bride and groom and the symbolism in marriage ceremonies that come from the bible. Afterwords, he told us that it was his 13th wedding anniversary and he was surprising his wife that night by renewing their Wedding Vows. She had been in another room with their two girls. He had four or five of his friends there to be the wedding party and the pastor too. She had no idea beforehand! AND, what was even more awesome, was their little reception they had complete with pizza and cake. They even got to do their "first dance" over again (to the tune of "A Whole new World" lol).
They didn't say write their own vows (obviously, since this was a surprise for the wife) but I thought it was still a really cute idea. I felt a little odd being there with me two other friends since we didn't know them before, but they didn't seem to mind! haha
Just thought I'd share. Peace Out. Gonna watch some Phineas and Ferb till I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment