Friday, September 2, 2011

Close, but no banana

Well today has been an interesting one... interesting for lack of a better word. Technically, I guess you could actually make the argument that this was a day full of wrong. I will let you decide.
It started this morning, as most days do. I woke up at 7:30.... okay, okay, really more like 8, and ate some breakfast. The same breakfast, I might add, that I have been eating for the last two or three days. A few spoon fulls of apple sauce, a slice of bread from this loaf my mom picked up on Monday or Tuesday, and a glass of milk. Now the bread is a few days old, but we've kept it in a sealed bag, so it is still pretty good. This morning, it was on the verge of almost becoming stale, so sadly, I threw the remaining end piece away, thinking that I probably should not eat it after today. 
Fast forward to 30 minutes later.... and I feel sick. I was all dressed and ready to head down to the gym before those crazies who like to workout without the air con could take over, but instead I spent a while in the bathroom before deciding that maybe the gym wasn't an option today. I felt awful all morning.
To complicate matters, my family was scheduled to leave for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia today, so I had to pack my stuff! Slowly I managed to gather my things, then around 12, when I was starting to feel slightly better, I headed into the kitchen to wash the piled up dishes while my brother thankfully agreed to make a Wendy's run for me so I could have a plain baked potato.
Now my thinking: it was the bread. It had been a little off this morning, and I had, after all, felt sick within an hour after eating it. Makes sense, right? Well part of my "cleaning the kitchen" task, involved me leaning food out of the refrigerator. That was when I noticed the mold in the tomato sauce I had used the night before. The mold was growing on the lid of the jar and the contents must have already been bad by the time i used it last night or something. I know, ewww.
Anyway, so I'm feeling much better that before, but not entirely recovered, when the time arrives for us to be off to the airport. Well, to make matters short, we were a bit late setting off, and the traffic was ridiculous, so we entered the departures area at 5:14 for our 5:30 flight. One look at the immense line before us, and we were like "Yeah right. This is NOT happening." It didn't.
So instead, we hopped back in a cab homeward bound, ate a plentiful dinner at Kenny Rogers, grabbed some ice cream bars and spent the rest of the evening finishing up season 3 of Merlin.
Don't worry, we are stilling heading to Kuala Lumpur... just not until around 9 tomorrow morning.For now, I will just enjoy teh extra night I get in my own bed. :)

*Title dedicated to my piano (and Sunday school) teacher, Susan Reed. lol... she used to say this to me during lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment