Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fish Food

Monday Night
This morning we got up and head into KL around 10:30. What was the destination? SHOPPING! The have a mall laid out with a bunch of little shops and stands run by the locals. It was great! I bought a wrap-around style skirt that is popular around here, my parents got a few souvenirs and gifts... but the best part of the day by far was the Fish Spa.
What is a fish spa, you ask? Well they are petty simple really... large fish tanks or pools with benches around them filled with small fish. The interesting part is what the fish eat... namely, YOU. Thats right. You put your feet in the water and the fish swarm around you and eat the dead skin off of your feet and ankles and...well, pretty much as high up your leg as they can get. They also have tanks for your hands, but I didn't do one of those.
So after convincing my mom that she also wanted to participate, we payed up for our ten minutes... (US wise, it was about $2) and stuck our feet in. The worst part was how much it tickled! The best part was the four late twenties-aged American guys who couldn't resist joining us, but then couldn't stand the tickley feeling long enough to keep their feet in for a full minute straight. Our little spa area was so loud with the male squealing that we drew a crowd!...which I am sure the spa lady loved.
Anyway, the fish spa was so funny, I am going to have to do it again! They are all over the place in Singapore.
hmmm... what else did we do of interest... well, we did eat at KFC. Since we've eaten at both the Singapore and China KFC we thought we had better try the Malaysian one... liked it! Actually, it was far better than Singapore's. Come to think of it, I haven't mentioned what we ate last night... Pizza HUt! Also delicious, though I still miss the good old USA version :(
Hmm... besides that, the other main activity was getting back home, I guess. Our plane was delayed at the airport, but only for about 30 minutes, so that wasn't too bad. We spent the remaining Malaysian money we had on duty-free chocolate... don't tell my dad! lol
Overall impression? I enjoyed KL and would probably go again... though I would mostly just do more shopping, so on second thought, maybe I had better not try visiting anymore! Next big trip starts this weekend: China! We are going to Xian and Beijing. I won't be able to upload new posts while I'm there, but I will keep track of all the cool stuff and update you later, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment